Most commercial laundry detergents are filled with toxic ingredients that are harmful to your health and the environment.Your skin is the largest organ in your body and laundry detergent residues that remain on your clothes are absorbed through your skin.
Super laundry sauce uses only four simple ingredients: washing soda, borax, castile soap and essential oils. It is non toxic and is not harmful to the environment. It is made in reusable glass mason jars so there is no wasted plastic.
If you would like to learn how to make laundry sauce see the recipe below. If you would like to use laundry sauce but are way too busy to make it, I've got you covered. I will be selling laundry sauce at my office for $10 for 1 quart jar. Every time you return an empty mason jar you will get $1.50 towards your next jar.
Super Laundry Sauce Recipe
4 cups water
1 bar castile soap
1 cup Borax
1 cup washing soda
10 drops of essential oils
2 quart mason jars
1. Add water to a saucepan and turn on medium heat.
2. Cut up bar soap into chunks and grind in food processor, or use a knife to thinly slice, or grate with a cheese grater.
3. When water is heated but not boiling add grated soap and stir continuously until dissolved about 5 minutes. Reduce heat if boiling begins.
4. Once soap is dissolved remove from heat and add borax and washing soda. Stir for several minutes until dissolved.
5. Add essential oils. (lemon is great because of its antimicrobial properties)
6. Divide liquid into 2 mason jars. Add water to fill to the shoulder of the jar leaving about 1.5 inches of space at the top.
Tightly secure lids and turn the jars upside down.
7. Allow to sit for 4-5 hours. Any longer and you could end up with a grainy texture.
8. Now blend the contents by using an immersion blender, mason jar blender attachment or in a blender or food processor. (this last method makes more of a mess)
9. The mixture will be a whipped consistency and will be slightly wet at first but will thicken in a few days.
10. Use 1 tablespoon per load (really that it!). For tough stains soak overnight in warm water with washing soda.
This recipe makes 2 jars which is up to 100 loads each. So make one for yourself and give one to a friend and share the recipe!