Essential oils have a wide array of healing properties including anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antibacterial, improving immunity, pain relief, digestive aid, decreasing anxiety and depression, balancing hormones, healing skin conditions and so much more.
Essential oils are extracted through a process of distillation from a plants leaves, bark, seeds, flowers, resins, roots or peels. They are composed of tiny molecules that have the ability to penetrate your cells. Some compounds in these oils even have the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier making them more therapeutic and beneficial.
There are many different ways to use essential oils including topically, aromatically, and ingestion. These oils can also be made into powerful diy household cleaners or body care products. Some of my favorite simple ways to use oils:
- Add a few drops to a rolled up paper towel attach to car vents with a paperclip.
- A drop of lemon oil rubbed together on my palms as a natural hand sanitizer.
- A few drops of peppermint oil rubbed on my stomach for nausea or to aid digestion.
- Lemon and tea tree oil mixed in a spray bottle with vinegar for a natural daily shower spray.
- Lavender, bergamot and cedarwood mixed with water in a spray bottle on my pillow before bed.
- A drop of vetiver rubbed behind my ears to help with concentration or to decrease anxiety.
There are endless uses for essential oils and you can get creative and come up with many ways to easily incorporate them into your daily life. They are a safe, effective and enjoyable way to improve your overall health and wellbeing.
I diffuse essential oils in every massage and use them topically (optional). If you are interested in using oils that will benefit a specific need that you have please feel free to ask me and I will use the oils that best meet your needs.